Why do resin lenses replace most glass lenses?
Source: Leader Vision | Date of issue: 2020-12-08 16:12:53 | Views: 13682
Glass lens is a generation of lenses, but with the development of technology and the improvement of peoples material living standards, resin lenses have gradually replaced the status of glass lenses. At present, there are fewer and fewer glass lenses …
What are the benefits of resin lenses for glass lenses?
First, let us have the characteristics of glass lenses and resin lenses.
Features of glass lenses
1. With high hardness, the lens is not easy to scratch, but it has no toughness and is easy to break in collision.
2. High transparency, 92% light transmittance.
3. The chemical performance is stable, can withstand the influence of various bad weather, does not fade, does not fade.
4. The weight is heavy and not suitable for teenagers.
Features of resin lenses
1. The refractive index of the resin lens is lower than that of the general glass lens, so the resin lens of the same degree is thicker.
2. The dispersion of resin lens and ordinary glass lens is very similar, and the perspective rate is more than 2% higher than that of ordinary glass lens.
3. The resin lens has high light transmittance, low refractive index, and lower surface reflection than ordinary glass lenses, which is unobtrusive.
4. The resin lens is easy to dye, and can be dyed into a variety of color lenses with different light transmittance as required.
5. The resin lens is light in texture, and the weight is only half of the ordinary glass lens, and the resin lens has strong impact resistance.
6. The optical properties of the resin lens are extremely stable and will not change regardless of high temperature or low temperature.
7. The resin lens is easy to assemble and process.
After comparison, we can easily find that the wearing comfort and safety of resin lenses are much better than glass lenses. Therefore, it gradually replaced the position of the glass lens.
But there are exceptions.
Some sensitive people are accustomed to glass lenses, so when choosing resin lenses of average quality, they feel more comfortable than glass lenses, and even visual fatigue. In addition, people with high diopter, wearing glass lenses are more comfortable than resin lenses.
In general, the overall performance of resin lenses is stronger than that of glass lenses.
Glass lens is a generation of lenses, but with the development of technology and the improvement of peoples material living standards, resin …
As people get older, their eyesight begins to decline slowly and they tend to age. If you have presbyopia, you need to wear reading glasses, …
With the improvement of living standards, more and more people are concerned about eye health, and various eye care products seem to be on th…
Glasses are part of the daily life of a considerable number of people. When the lens is injured or the eye is injured, it is very painful. It…
Whether glasses are expensive or not is not a subjective decision. It must be decided according to actual needs and circumstances.For example…
When the degree of myopia increases, the glasses will inevitably change, and a good and appropriate pair of glasses will add points to the ex…